Other stories filed under Christmas
DIY holiday treats
December 25, 2016
Peppermint Oreo Truffles
Credit: Two Twenty One
- 1 16 oz. package regular Oreo cookies
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 teas. peppermint extract
- 8 oz. melting chocolate
- Crush Oreos into fine crumbs and place in medium bowl.
- Add cream cheese and peppermint extract to the crushed Oreos; mix until well blended.
- Refrigerate mixture until firm, about one hour.
- Roll cookie mixture into balls about 1-inch wide
- Dip balls in chocolate and place on wax paper.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes immediately after placing on wax paper.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Store truffles, covered, in refrigerator.
White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels
Credit: Lil’ Luna
- Pretzel Rods
- White Chocolate
- Crushed Candy Canes
- Lay out your parchment paper.
- Crush candy canes in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate over boiling water
- Pour melted chocolate into a skinny and tall cup/jar.
- Dip pretzel rods into the melted chocolate and place on parchment paper. Sprinkle with candy cane pieces and let set until candy coating hardens.